Mai Bhago Government Polytechnic college for Women Amritsar is known for its academic and moral standards and achievements in various fields, namely academics, sports, extra-curricular activities etc. Since its inception in 1995, the college has put in vigorous efforts in the foundation and development of a conducive atmosphere for academic and sports activities which have always been translated into excellent results and laurels.
The college is situated near Majitha bye pass on the outskirts of the holy city of Amritsar. The foundation stone of the college was laid by the late Hon'ble Chief Minister of Punjab S. Beant Singh on July 3, 1994. The college is under the administrative control of the Directorate of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Punjab. The State Government met with the entire expenditure on the construction of building, equipment and establishment etc. which was reimbursed by the World Bank.
 

Total area of the college

  • Total Area of college......16 Acre
  • Total built up area planned in Sq mt......1000
  • Total built area ready in Sq mt......1000
  • Total instructional area (Carpet area ready)......2459 Sq mt
  • Total administrative area in sq mt......954
  • Total amenities area in sq mt......1190
 

The mission of this college is to provide professional excellence in technical education in order to achieve the following objectives:

  • To equip the students with knowledge and skill necessary for creative, managerial and technical careers as well as entrepreneurship in the field of technology.
  • To prepare them for self-employment. To improve the social and economic status of the girl students.
  • To enable the students to play a constructive role in modern society and to meet the growing needs and demands of the industry.
 
 
Home   |   About Us   |   Departments   |   Courses Offered   |   Achievements   |   Faculty   |   Photo Gallery   |   Contact Us